Saturday, September 20, 2008

Drinking, not blogging


Apologies for the lack of regular posts this last week. Mrs Pilsner was condudcting some training at work this wek as she prepares to roll out the project she and her hard working team have been working hard on. She uses the laptop for this and combined with preparations for her birthday and various other celebratory and sporting commitments about this week, I have barely had time to think, let alone post.


I have not been idle, however, and I have managed to get in a little 'research' with regards to all things beery. A very pleasant evening at The Local Taphouse with Dr Lager and the brother-in-law during the week was a welcome distraction from all things normal and I also managed to sample a couple of new and interesting beers.As the warmer weather begins to sneak along, I have been taking the opportunity to sneak away a few winter warmers and cosy ales. Red Hill Temptation and Holgate Double Trouble as well as a Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale have found their way ont the dinner table in the last week and I hope to get some detailed posts on the board soon.


I also hope to put the finishing touches to a post loosely labelled, "How to choose the right beers to assist in getting you throught the fun and frivolity of a five year old's birthday party". Once I have recovered from the fun and frivolity of a five year old's birthday party.


Back Soon.


Cheers Prof. Pilsner

1 comment:

Tim said...

Never fear Prof. Pils. I think its just that time of year when the real world gets in the way of our ideal beer world. I too have been a bit too busy to blog lately. I recently had a holiday in the Algarve, and on Wednesday I'm off to Oktoberfest in Munich - it's a hard life! I'm sure things will resume before too long!