Monday, July 27, 2009
Trivia Answers - Part One
If you haven’t already seen the first part of the Prof’s Ale Stars Trivia, look away now, here come the answers.
True or False answers.
1. The Pilgrims were landed at Plymouth Rock because the Mayflower was running out of beer.
2. Queensland’s first telephone line ran from the Castlemaine Brewery to its city head office.
3. During the Great Depression, Cascade Brewery handed out free malted barley extract to the unemployed.
FALSE – They handed out Beer
4. Well known brewer Ben Franklin wrote a scientific essay on avoiding flatulence by drinking perfume.
5. Australia’s first legal pub was opened by a man transported for stealing brewing supplies.
FALSE – French born Londoner James Larra pinched a silver beer tankard
Part Two, Multiple Choice, coming up later this morning.